Tuesday, January 10, 2012

" IT'S NOT FOR GIRLS! "

FROM DAR HANSON

(With four brothers, I heard that alot growing up)...
Here is a picture of myself and my brother Dave about 1955 with the infamous "HOT ROD".
 Dad Rudy was an engineer at a midwest company called Yard-Man and eventually became VP of that department during his career there. Consequently, we always had alot of lawnmowers hangin' around to test. Even in the early days he enjoyed knocking around & creating stuff in the garage with his boys. This was an early effort that was the talk of the neighborhood. Note the 1950's 'rocket theme' silver paint, hupcap steering wheel, motor and wheels from a lawn mower and that cool hand gear. The boys can tell you more about the mechanical stuff-- all I remember is that we posed for LOTS of pictures with it... (and by the way, Dad eventually did let me drive it!)




No comments:

Post a Comment